Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A Modern Angelic Grimoire

A guy in a group I belonged to asked me what angelic grimoire I used. The only ones I really know of are the Ars Almadel, the Ars Paulina, and, if you stretch the idea a bit, the Art of drawing spirits into Crystals. The Shemhamephoresh angels I really don't understand, the Enochian system is a complete system, not really a grimoire per se, and the Ophanim system based on Jacob's Wheel is way over my head.

So I'm thinking, you know, most of these grimoires are considered hard to understand. They're written in Middle English, at best, and have strange requirements, and somewhat confusing directions. You have to flip around to different resources to get the images you need. There's no single resource available that you can just open and have a complete grimoire, a manual of contacting the angels in easy to read and follow steps.

So, I've decided to write one. I'll have to research the copyright issues, and talk to the webmasters of the sources I'd be using, but I think I'll be able to throw together a decent Modern Angelic Grimoire. Writing user guides is what I do, after all.

If you're interested in a copy, let me know.

frredactumopus@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. I would definitely be interested when you're done. Good luck with it. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be interested in this book too.

    Will your book include Enochian magick too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi R.O.

    Are there any reviews of this work anywhere?


    All the best,
    L.I.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lux:

    "We loved it! Much better than Cats. We want to read it again, and again!"

    - Everyone who ever read it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, your opinions are valued, even if I disagree with them. Please feel free to criticize my ideas and arguments, question my observations, and push back if you disagree.