Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Post Apocalyptic Living

Jason and Gordon have been writing really cool stuff about the world we live in for the last couple of years. Gordon's been at the whole Apocalytpic living thing longer, I think, but Jason's always had that fundamental premise behind his work too. These are reasons I love them both.

Jason wrote something incredibly lucid about the world we live in today. He sums up a lot of things that I've been seeing and thinking in a really understandable way, as usual. I really appreciate his insight into the politics behind the current events, it was a piece I've suspected but never really understood. Definitely worth looking into, if you want a comprehensive understanding of what's going on.

At the end of the post, Jason does something that's so fucking Eristic at its core that it will go completely ignored by most folks, except for those with knee-jerk reactions.

He dares to think for himself.
The people at the top are cheaters and liars and play dirty. You might need to do the same. Use magic. Invent something. Be clever and mobile if you can. Stash gold in Singapore and invest in businesses in Mongolia. Hustle. Christ, lie if you have to.
Remember the débrouillard posts I made a long, long time ago? Piracy, living outside the box... I stopped writing about it because of a comment Jason made, about how the first rule of dèbrouillard club is don't talk about dèbrouillard club. I'm down with that. Figured you'd get the point and move right along.

Hermetic Mage, you aren't in society the way everyone else is. Your patron god, Hermes? He's a trickster. You cheat at life. You are a magician. You use the knowledge of your self, your true self, your family connections, your divine nature to get ahead. You manipulate unseen forces to make Fate and Fortune your bitch.

At least, you should. Doesn't make much sense not to if you really think about it.

Wake the fuck up, brothers and sisters. Life is what you make of it with the resources at your disposal. It's (mostly) entirely up to you what you do with it.

Jason't post points out some shit you need to know about the world you live in. The closing comment is important to consider. I don't think you have to lie, you have to tell the TRVTH. In a way that expresses the TRVTH to people in their language, vocabulary, taxonomy. Are you a brilliant artist with an understanding of complex marketing and design techniques? You could make a lot of money with that, if you could convince the hiring managers of that fact. You need to put it to them in language they understand, the same way you have to phrase your statement of intent in terms incarnate Archangels with little understanding of the viscera of human existence to get what you want. Jason's got a friend who will vouch for your ability and skill set in a way that presents the TRVTH in terms the HR rats can comprehend.

It's time to live by your wits, ladies and gentlemen. It's always been that time, but maybe the "New Normal" will provide sufficient catalyst to initiate the natural achemical reaction.

4 comments:

  1. 100% agree.

    Necessity is not only the mother of invention, it is rocket fuel for agents of change. Time to strap on your metaphysical rocket suit, get up in to the heavens and make change on earth work to your benefit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't seen that scene with the dead Kraken before. This is what came to mind. This is what has been haunting my brain in light of the cancer that we funny monkeys have become, from painting mysteries in Paleolithic caves to Ocean-slayers:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26YLehuMydo
    That is one of the most frustrating things I have seen about magic and magicians and why I feel like vomiting. The focus of all the "great living god-magi" who live middle-class lives and do their powerful magicks to float about in lucid dreams, hunt girls, expand their wallet... Faugh. What use is magic that consists of self-assertion through jerking off in a corner while the living world dies...? Faugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @LMF

    This is a subject near to my heart in that I've gnashed my teeth a great deal over the years, wondering what I can do to change the world while watching it crumble around me.

    It has crossed my mind more than once since I joined the magickal community, that it would appear that Magickians, with all their esoteric knowledge and power, are no closer to saving the world than anyone else and in fact seem to have no more interest in doing so than the layman.

    This is why I found RO's post "On Magickal Insurgency" to be fascinating when he said.
    "Long time readers know this is right up my alley when it comes to doing magic. I love politically and socially motivated planned strategic tactical strikes that result in the world being made a better place for everyone. I did magic in the Obama-McCain election that had some fascinating results in my own life, that revealed there were spiritual players in the game in high places pulling strings and manipulating events according to a plan that kicked off before the time an angel was set to guard the gates of Eden, and hasn't missed a single milestone yet. Even my own naive attempts at influencing events were part of their plan. I was so intrigued, and humbled."

    If that's the case, we really only have two options. Focus on ourselves and our own alchemical evolution, or join the folks pulling the strings. In my case, I'd like to do both. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Frater IV- When I was a young teen and after reading the LOTR series was deep in Gandalf-delusions, I told my Mom, quite seriously, I wanted to be a wizard. I never lived it down of course, and it became a jesting point in my family circle for decades. I never learned to fly or become invisible in the way I thought should be possible, and so I felt royally ripped-off and pissed off about being so deluded. And yet. I couldn't shake this stupid obsession with magic, which made me even more pissed off with myself.

    I was shown a dream in my early twenties, that, while not saying it was all preordained, our f-ed up situation, it did say we made our choices, doors opened and doors shut, and here we are, and the world is doomed through our stupid greed, yet as in Pandora's box, there is something left too, and that is the return of real magic.

    So, as you said, "If that's the case, we really only have two options. Focus on ourselves and our own alchemical evolution, or join the folks pulling the strings. In my case, I'd like to do both. ;)" Now, an older but not much wiser man, all I want to do is fulfill my destiny, and perhaps doing both is really different sides of the same coin, acting according to one's Deepest Will, thereby trusting to Divine Providence.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, your opinions are valued, even if I disagree with them. Please feel free to criticize my ideas and arguments, question my observations, and push back if you disagree.