Wednesday, June 16, 2010

On Being Busy, and the 8th Sphere and Jack

I have 6 frickin' unfinished blog posts that I've started over the last week that were inspired by some deep insight, fellow bloggers, or magical Work. Every time I started one, something's come up, so I'm just publishing this fucking post to get something published that I started this week before it's over.

Oh, and I did some magic before going to sleep last night that was awesome. Jack's Self Love and Desire post has more than the usual bits of Hermetic/Great Work Gold sprinkled throughout. The Work I did last night was 8th sphere stuff, mildly, mostly to keep my toes in a current that started flowing a month ago. Under the section he titled "Traps," specifically the "I Can't Do That" bullet, he mentions shooting fireballs and walking through walls. While the fireballs out of the fingertips may be beyond the grasp of those that Hymneth in Silence to the Father, I do know that guru thing that I've seen on video of the old guru or yogi who can channel prana or chi or whatever through his fingertips, touch someone, and throw them against the wall as a result... You know what I'm talking about? That thing. Anyway, I know that's possible.

There's this thing you do with this muscle in your wrist, I think, and this power just flows, but you have to be in just the right frame of mind, objectively observing while having a mild intent that also is without expectation. And you have to smile.

You know all those hokey hand gestures you see magicians doing in fiction? Turns out there's something to all that. As I learn more, I will pass on what I can, but it's like Hermetic Mudras. The power is activated using minute muscle control and mental awareness. And an attunement from one of the spirits, I think, or at least direct training.

I haven't tossed anyone across the room yet, but I can feel it flowing and pooling in my palm when I get the mind and body properly harmonized and aimed right.

I think fireballs may not be beyond the realm of possibility, eventually, and walking through walls? That's actually Ancient Christian Tech. Heven't figured it out yet, but it's on my list.