Friday, January 14, 2011

That Wrong Zodiac Meme Thing

Due to the instant popularity of things that have been around for years afforded by Facebook, the "Wrong Zodiac" meme is getting a lot of press. For those just hearing about it, it's not new. I read about it a couple of years ago, thought it was total bullshit, and promptly forgot about it. Then my spouse brought it up the other day, telling me on first exposure she knew it was horse shit because she wouldn't "really" be a Capricorn under the new model. We laughed because she's the quintessential Capricorn, and I moved along with my life.

Then Chris Warnock wrote this blog post about it, and then a student asked me about it, and damn if it isn't all over the place.

Read Chris Warnock's blog post and the web page he wrote to address this issue when it came to his attention a while ago. I'm in total agreement with his conclusions.