Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wand from the Art of Drawing Spirits into Crystals

A friend and fellow magician has two make that ONE ebony wands available. He will engrave them and gold-leaf the letters to make it according to the specs in Trithemius' Art of Drawing Spirits into Crystals if you want him to for an extra charge, or you can (attempt to) do it yourself. If you're interested, let me know and I'll pass on your interest to him.

He made me one, and it's truly awesome. It's cut to the exact length of my forearm from the elbow to my fingertips. It's exactly the image from the Modern Angelic Grimoire. I'm in the process of consecrating it now. It's heavy! Feels like a metal rod more than wood. Very cool stuff here.

The guy making these is a traditional grimoirist. He has made everything in the Lemegeton's Goetia to spec, and has reported some very interesting results. His experience and craftsmanship are excellent. There's not enough light to take a decent picture, so I'm uploading one of his.

Update: The last one's gone, but he may take special orders. If you're interested, let me know and I'll pass it on.

7 comments:

  1. Can such a wand be used only in conjuring, or can it be used as a general-purpose wand/symbol of fire?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use my general purpose wand/symbol of fire in my conjurations, or I used to before receiving my ebony one anyway, but this is a sacred wand, holy to the art of drawing spirits into crystals. It should not be used as a fire wand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very very beautiful! Congratulations to you for owning one and for your friend s skill. I also make all of my tools, but have yet to find ebony wood. Hard enough getting pomegranate wood for my tripod.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For Asterion, and anyone else who might be interested; you can find ebony and other rare woods at suppliers for musical instrument makers. I've been using an ebony wand for years, although not for the same purpose as RO.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Lavanah, but not much help. I live in Romania. I can barely find colophone at music repair shops, let alone ebony.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agh, it's beautiful. If only I didn't have a PhD in the way of me and shiny new wands...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, your opinions are valued, even if I disagree with them. Please feel free to criticize my ideas and arguments, question my observations, and push back if you disagree.