Wednesday, January 04, 2012

NYNY: Doing Something Nice... For Myself?

Man...

I look at the writing prompt for the New Year New You Experiment this week, and I'm all... whoa, WTF, Deb? Do something nice for ME?

I can't even think of anything that would be nice to do for myself...

[pause to go re-read Deb's Prompt]

Ok, so I went back and re-read the list of things she suggests for pampering yourself, and I think I maybe might have possibly figured out what the problem is...

I already do all that stuff, whenever I want to. 
* A salted caramel hot cocoa from Starbucks at a bookstore where you look at French Vogue and pretend you're part of GossipGirl
I got a Caramel Frappuccino last time I went to Target and just sat and drank it there in the store, browsing through the blogs on my phone, enjoying that I'm awesome amongst the awesomest friends and co-Workers.
* A bottle of Prosecco, bread, fruit, cheese and dried meats and your favorite book.
Literally had a plate of jalapeno jack, peperoni, and the fancy crackers (not the Ritz, the ones in the box that only have a single row that they sell above the cheeses) just two nights ago.
* An hour playing a video game you never have time for
Bitch, please! I've always got an hour for video games! That's how I stay sane! Dead Island is my current favorite, I just can't seem to get into MW3, and Skyrim takes some commitment.

* Going to a yoga class and then feel smug about the sundae you eat afterwards.
Heh, I don't go to yoga classes, but I DID buy myself a gallon of Rocky Road last time I was at the grocery store, and actually got a couple bowls before the kids murdered it.
* Buying yourself a small luxury item just because (flowers, cashmere socks, a favorite magazine, a new lipstick).
I bought myself a Sonic Screwdriver the week before Christmas, just because sonic screwdrivers are cool.
* A car ride in the countryside with your favorite music playing
I take the back roads home on the way home from work when I want that.

* A long bath
I prefer showers, the kind where you ever so slightly make it warmer a little at a time until you're standing in almost pure hot water, right where you know if you go a little further you'll end up all Two-Face:


And I did that Monday, for like an hour.

* A pedicure (it's good for boys too, I assure you)
For real, I gave myself one last night before reading her list of suggestions. My son had gotten my spouse one of those foot-callous remover things for Christmas, and I totally used it and trimmed my nails and rubbed my feet with balm.

* A mini marathon of your favorite trashy telly show with your favorite indulgence (smoking, drinking, junk food, etc.)
Spent a while last night watching Warehouse 13, Doctor Who (the Tom Baker episodes), and Torchwood on Netflix while eating a whole tub full of reheated roast beast with mashed potatoes and gravy.


So... yeah, I don't know if this counts or not.
Post a Comment