Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Items in a Field Kit

Ok, so someone asked for a better picture, and I can't do it. Blogger has this thing they do with photos, and I could go through a process to get a clearer pic published, but it takes a while, and there's enough detail to get the gist.

It was one Ebony Wand based on Trithemius made for me by Fr. Ashen, one old quartz point I got for a dollar fifty at the local occult supply shop a few years ago, the seven* Planetary Talismans, Holy Water, and Oil of Abramelin. In my garage already are several types of incense and a charcoal incense burner.**

When I bring a field kit with me in general, I don't bother with the wand. It's just too long to carry conveniently. Everything else can be easily stashed in a pocket if necessary, though it looks kinda funny.***

I was heading out to put an Evil Demon in some lead for a client. I brought the crystal to use on the side for communications with Cassiel, who I would be working with primarily, but also for my HGA and Kammael if necessary. I ended up not having to use it, the spirits and I have strong relationships and we were able to talk without the crystal. Still, I like to have a crystal on hand for viewing purposes.

So I went to the garage and cleansed and banished with Holy water, consecrated the ground for our defense with the wand, fired up some incense and conjured my HGA. When he was present, I cleansed my self with Holy Water, saying:
Asperges me, Domine, hyssopo et mundabor, Lavabis me, et super nivem dealbabor. Miserere mei, Deus, secundum magnam misericordiam tuam. Gloria Patri et Filio et Spiritui Sancto, Sicut erat in principio, et nunc, et semper, et in saecula saeculorum. Amen.****
As I said the Father-Son-Holy Ghost part, I crossed my forehead, mouth, and heart respectively. I conjured up Cassiel and Kammael, and was all set to bind the demon into the steel and lead when I remembered a Table of Practice might be useful. So I sketched one out on a pad of paper I had on hand, and went to town. With Cassiel, Kammael, and my HGA, we got the client's Evil Daimon bound, and then I sealed it up, waited for the wood glue to dry, and then wood-burned in the Seal and stained it a purty color. I like mahogany.

Now it's curing in the garage. It's taking longer than it ought to because we've been rained on all weekend. I hoped to get it in the mail today, but that didn't happen. (Sorry, R.!) I checked it this morning and it's still leaving streaks when you touch it. I could bake it in the oven for a while on low heat, but the family doesn't like their meatloaf tasting like wood stain. Picky picky.


* Venus was on top one of the others, so it looks like there's only six in the picture. Of course it was Venus. I'm pretty sure she was on Michael.

** The family has agreed the self-lighting charcoal smells like burning tires, and have formally requested that I stick to stick incense in the house.

*** "No, it's a crystal point I use to conjure spirits in my pocket. I've never been that happy to see anyone."

**** You will sprinkle me, O Lord, with hyssop and I shall be cleansed You will wash me, and I shall be washed whiter than snow. Have mercy on me, O God, according to Your great mercy. Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and always shall be in ages of ages. Amen.

4 comments:

  1. Lol you're so cool. People pay you to practice your magical crafts! Did you invent the 'sealed in lead' on your own or did you pick it up from a grimoire somewhere? I think the amount of personalization to be brought to magic is equally effective as formulaic names of angels would be in something formal like this.
    Do you ever use unique or discovered spirits for your own practice or is it all based on spirits that have already been written?
    Curious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're using Blogger's editor, just after you first add the picture you can click on it and choose "original size" in the box that pops up (this is the same popup where you can add a caption, etc).

    If you need charcoal that doesn't stink, see if your town has any hookah shops and look for Coco Nara coals. They're not "quick light", but they light about as quickly as most coals, and they're completely odorless.

    And I really shouldn't read your posts when I'm supposed to be looking busy. Venus on Michael, bahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pallas, they host it and display an enlarged thumbnail. You have to post it to flickr or something and then link to it there with a URL to get a clear image.

    Also, it was low light taken with a camera phone. So... yeah. It probably wouldn't matter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anonymous, sealing them in lead just sort of made sense. The Brass vessel of the Lemegeton's Goetia has the lid basically soldered on with lead, I think. I can't remember now. If it does, that's where I got the inspiration to seal them in lead from.

    I think the uniqueness comes in how you apply the formulas and the symbols within your own context as a magician.

    I usually work with spirits that have already been recorded. I also work with local spirits of place who revealed their names and seals to me. My HGA gave me his name to conjure him with, and I have personal elemental spirits I work with, and they have their own names and seals that were given to me by the Princes of the elemental realm.

    So it's a mix.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, your opinions are valued, even if I disagree with them. Please feel free to criticize my ideas and arguments, question my observations, and push back if you disagree.