Monday, February 23, 2009

An Apology

A while ago, I wrote a rant called What the Hell is Going On?

Since then, I've taken a second job. The way things work out, I'm working a lot more hours a week, but getting paid double what I was making before.

I also now have to drive to work every day. I have to go to an office with people in it. I sit in a cube again. I go to conference rooms filled with middle-level managers trying to understand how their teams integrate to produce a product. They aren't very good communicators. Smart folks, but ... stupid communicators. They don't know what other people need to be able to do their jobs. And I after long frustrating days filled with managing delays and ignorance, I get in a car and spend an hour with my foot on the brake the whole way home on the interstate.

It's stressful. It's distracting. I haven't done nearly as much magic as I used to. I used to be able to sit and research all day and practice all night, pretty much, and still have time for my family. Now, I spend ten hours a day doing really stupid shit, and then I'm exhausted when I get home and sleep for an hour or so, and then I'm still ruminating about the day's stupidity throughout the night. It sucks.

So, to all of you that I said, "Why is it that magicians don't do magic!?" in disgust, I apologize. It's because you're busy doing stupid shit. I understand now.

But the fact remains that it isn't necessary. Magic can get us out of this shit. We just have to figure out the means to accomplish it. So far my magic has gotten me better and better paying jobs. I'm making six figures now. The trouble is, I'm working too much to enjoy my life. That's not what I wanted. The lotto would be ideal, but there's a lot of stuff to take into account.

I conjured the Genius of the time/place of the MegaMillions drawing last Friday, and I couldn't make out the numbers he was telling me. Or maybe it's rigged, and they draw a bunch of numbers and only show the one that doesn't win so the jackpot gets bigger.

I did manage to hit one of the numbers drawn, which won me exactly nothing. I would have settled for five and "only" won $250,000. But when I was trying to get the numbers, the spirit faded in and out, and I couldn't still my mind enough to focus on what it was saying. The numbers I ended up with, apparently, came out of my own brain and wishful thinking, not from the spirit. Or maybe the spirit couldn't tell me because it doesn't work that way. I don't know.

Anyway, I'll be trying again tomorrow. I don't need a lot, just enough. What I really need is better spirit vision, which I used to have. Back when I spent every day conjuring spirits and working with them more than with people in stupid flesh suits. Feh. Now I'm all grumpy, just thinking about next week. I'm going to meditate.

13 comments:

  1. Your lottery story reminds me of an uncle chucky story of trying to influence the powerball.

    He literally influenced The Powerball :ie the last ball of the sequence that the lottery is named after. Won like 30 bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the way of the world, unfortunately. I do wish you a ton of inspiration and fantastic luck, RO. :) Your dedication to the Art Magick will bear fruit, I have no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, you understand what I bitch about with the Abramalin work...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jason, you know, I have a personal disrespect for Chucky. He was making a tool that would kill all the police in range of his device, or so he claimed. When a friend mentioned that his brother was a police officer, the response was something along the lines of "poor career choice."

    There are other folks that put the concepts he uses into good practice. Better, imo.

    Jow, thanks for the encouragement.

    Lavanah, I agree about the Abramelin rite. You have to remember though, the grimoires are guides. We have to adapt them to our time. When that was written, anyone could go out to the forest and claim some land for a year. No one lived there, no one worried about deeds, and servants didn't cost more than feeding them regularly. You've got to look at the Abramelin magic as what it is, not how it was done. It's total immersion in pursuit of God. If that's your heart, you'll find K&C somehow, it's a guarantee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uncle Chucky is magick without the magick. It's lame. Some of his stuff is useful, but it's like learning only part of your native language at grade school.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didnt say I was Chuckies biggest fan. Quite the opposite in fact. People that go out of their way to pronounce their Amorality are way more lost than those that push their morality on to others.

    It Just reminded me of a story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jason, I get it. :)

    You're just a big-wig and everything, super occult guru from the highest heavens incarnated on earth for accomplishing the raw Will of God and all. If you mention someone in passing without stating your approval or lack thereof, it can be misinterpreted as ... can't think of the word. Approval, but I just used that. Benediction? Sanction! It might seem like you're giving sanction to him or something.

    Which is what I thought. So I'm glad you clarified.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wasn't reading your blog back in April, but let me belatedly add that you're not alone. I use magick for mundane practical stuff all the time. I figure no matter what the circumstances are, if I can give myself an edge I'll do it.

    I've also done lottery spells on and off for awhile. Most decent magicians can get one number out of the six without too much trouble and the best I've managed so far is 4. I've tried the divination method you mention here, but I've had better luck with charging spirits to influence the numbers directly.

    One other thing I've come across, oddly, is that buying a single ticket seems to work at least as well as buying more than one. It's like if there are multiple sets of numbers on the ticket the spirits have a tendency to get confused between them. This also has the advantage that it saves you some money.

    ReplyDelete
  9. To work the lottery with magick you have to get 'into the zone'. It's the same as gambling with very little input capital and so the lottery is very difficult to work magickally. I suggest you don't waste your time, especially if you are playing at a level where you are working two jobs.

    My wife plays the gambling magick very successfully, but for the effort involved you can do far better in business by building a pyramid of people working for you and it is much more sustainable model.

    The important thing in order to be successful at anything you do, is to enjoy what you do and have fun doing it.

    If you are not having fun, get out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. for the effort involved you can do far better in business by building a pyramid of people working for you

    I dunno, I've made substantially more money on lottery magick than my wife and I made the time we tried multi-level marketing. Of course, that's because like most people who go into MLM we lost money.

    But I suppose YMMV...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not MLM, networking. He's talking business-building, not ponzi schemes. The main difference is that in ponzis, there's nothing of value being exchanged for the money. In business, everyone profits, at least a little.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I dont hate his guts either. There must be more to that story. But either way, he is not who I would look to as someone to admire or avoid. Nor do I think he is one of the better thinkers on Radionics, a subject that I am getting increasingly fascinated with, though I honestly couldnt tell you why.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry, my mistake. The "pyramid" comment suggested MLM to me rather than a more conventional business structure.

    And by the way, not all MLM's are ponzi schemes in that some of them actually sell products, but they still mostly benefit the people at the top who got in before the company was widely known.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, your opinions are valued, even if I disagree with them. Please feel free to criticize my ideas and arguments, question my observations, and push back if you disagree.