Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Hey, it's a Recession, right?

So where, RO, are all the MONEY posts?

Well, now that I mention it...

Today's reminder is about the joys of the BUNE Spirit Pot. I made it a couple of years ago, and it's still my fovorite tool/mini-altar/spirit-human-interface I've ever played with. One brass pot, engraved with some names of spirits, and filled with herbs and doohickeys and gizmos and dates and raisins. It's the home to my favorite Riches-bringing spirit, Bune. I'm with Aaron Leitch (Author of Secrets of the Solomonic Grimoires) when he says the spirits that live in the pots are members of the legions assigned to the main Spirit.

So, when in need of cash, in need of seed money, in need of a decent windfall, I pop over to the shelf on the bookcase with all the Bune stuff (a pot, an incense burner, and a candle holder that holds 9 candles) and I light between 1 and 9 candles while I say the magic words: "Hey, how's it going, I need some more riches, thanks a lot." Within a couple of weeks, I can count on SOMETHING coming my way in the form of an opportunity for a raise or a windfall of unexpected cash. I haven't been listing things for him to finance lately, because frankly, he's done so well I haven't needed him to.