Thursday, June 11, 2009

Super Secret Occult Book: Heaven and Hell

So the book I was published in is currently available to the public. The title is Heaven and Hell, and is a collection of Thelemic works, primarily. It's a general blend of writings by people of various grades of initiation. They can't TELL ME their degrees, the ones I'm most interested in knowing, but apparently I rank in by their degree system right where I'd consider myself.

Anyway, the blurb says:

A collection containing four issues of Heaven and Hell, along with additional material. Articles contain a wide variety of material from various authors of interest to magicians, occultists, mystics, Thelemites, Gnostics, and spiritual seekers.

I've read it, and while it's not even close to being a traditional grimoire/spirit model-based approach, I can say it's totally written by magicians doing magic. The editor has this thing about expecting magicians to do magic, so he didn't include any writings by people who think and study more than they do. I expect the Fras. and Sors. authoring the work to go on to greatness, and I'm privileged to be among them.

Speaking of being among them, this is the first book ever published to have my name on the cover. It's totally a collectible.



As I said the other day, this is the most occult book I've ever seen. The book itself is a work of experimental publishing, and I'm interested in seeing how the editor's choices in non-traditional layout and structure play out in the spheres of the owners.

I think its primary value is in the fact that it's written by practicing magicians. It's a collection of the thoughts and beliefs of those who are experiencing the results of pursuing their magical paths, their "True Wills."

Buy it, read it, enjoy it.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!
    Not Much more to be said than I'm sure you deserve it, your blog makes for a great read so I'm sure the inclusions in the book is just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ordered. I'm looking forward to checking this out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, your opinions are valued, even if I disagree with them. Please feel free to criticize my ideas and arguments, question my observations, and push back if you disagree.