Friday, September 02, 2011

the thing about the HGA...

The HGA conversation rolls on, as it always has, and always will. I'm hesitant to continue to throw my cents in the pot, and hesitant not to as well. The discussion is heading the way it usually does, interpretations offered, categorizations of others' experiences are being made, and comments about the veracity of those experiences are being bandied about.

And now we have what looks like someone (John, I'm looking at you) thinking of conjuring their Evil Genius from Agrippa's third book, chapter 26 to serve as their chthonic version of the HGA.

And it might even work, who fucking knows?

You see? It gets complicated.

For me, the SA/HGA I work with is sufficient. It's a spirit with supercelestial, celestial, terrestrial, and chthonic attributes. It functions well across the spectrum of experiential existence. Some folks will doubt my experiences, others will validate them, and in the end, it doesn't matter for shit.

My biggest concern at this point is that all the conversation and words and terms and definitions will rob people of the actual experience of the spirit. It's happened before. I think it's a waste of time.

Figure out which spirit (or which interpretation of the spirit) you want to work with, and do it. That's all that matters. Onward and upward. Or inward. Or whatever.

Do magic. Be happy.