Monday, January 05, 2009

Enochian Paranoia

Are the Enochian Angels out to get us? Do they want to bring about another Apocalypse? Are they the evil Watchers, Grigori, pretending to be the good angels that taught Enoch their wisdom in order to lead us into bringing about the next recreation of the Earth?

Donald Tyson seems to think so.

For years I have thought that Tyson is a great researcher, but his apocalyptic theories were a bit over the top. I have a few of his books, including his translation of Agrippa's Three Books of Occult Philosophy, Enochian Magic for Beginners, and The Power of the Word. Say what you like about Tyson and his theories, but you cannot condemn the man's researching capabilities. The notes in Agrippa's Three Books of Occult Philosophy are solid gold. And regardless of what he is writing, he always clearly indicates when he is reporting facts and when he is expressing his opinions. He never implies that his conclusions about the Enochian Apocalypse are based on information he has found in his research. It's always expressed as an opinion.

Although, he did write an essay called "The Truth About Enochian Magic" (linked above) wherein he details all his theories. Hmmm.

Anyway, at least he is consistent. In all his books that I've read, he has stayed his ground regarding the Enochians. For years, as I said, I shrugged off his warnings as delusional paranoia. I recently chanced upon someone claiming intimate knowledge of Tyson's personal beliefs. It seems he is at least allegedly a Gnostic Christian. The warnings of the apocalypse are not, in his world-view, a bad thing at all. It would return us to a right relationship with God.

Now, Tyson's theology is weird, based on what I've seen in his books. I don't understand how he could have painstakingly worked his way through Agrippa and not have come away with a more cohesive stance on Christian beliefs, past and present. The "right relationship" with God is established through Christ's sacrifice on the cross. Furthermore, Jesus says in his parable about the Good Shepherd:

I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one shepherd. (John 10:16)

Most Christians say he's talking about the Gentiles that will convert to Christianity. I personally think he's talking about Pagans, Neoplatonic Philosophers, Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims, and anyone else that sees past their religion's B.S. and gets into a direct relationship with God based on what God has revealed to them. Thelemites say it's discovering their True Will and following the guidance of their HGA. To me, it's all the same thing in different wrappers.

What does that have to do with Enochian Apocalypses? God has a plan for everyone. Part of that plan includes Christians and Jews. They received the parts of God that were appropriate for them for God's plan... for them. If you're in another pen, you'll hear the voice of your good shepherd calling you into a right relationship with God in your own language. If you're stuck in the material realm and are unable to hear the voice over the cacophony of voices of the radio, television, media, internet, bloggers like myself... then you're doomed. Doomed to go through your own apocalypse. And I'm sure the Enochian Spirits will happily oblige you.

If you're in a right relationship with God, even if He manifests to you as a bunch of Pagan deities or sprites and gnomes or whatever, then you'll be able to hear the difference between the seductive distractions of the spirits that would take you away from this relationship.Furthermore, God (in whatever form) wouldn't be tempting you away from himself. He'd be keeping you close. You just have to pay attention to Him (or Her) first and foremost.

The Enochian Spirits are, in my current opinion, Terrestrial Spirits. They are not Celestial, designed to get you into a right relationship with God. Contrary to the assertion that Tyson begins his essay with, they are not particularly Theurgic spirits. In my visions, and in those of Fr. POS and Sr. Gimel, I see evidence that they are the spirits that manifest the physical realm. The visions we've had go back to the beginning of time, the big bang, but they remain within the confines of the earthly realm.

I haven't read Ben Rowe's plethora of writings, but I started to once. From what I remember and what I've heard mentioned by others, his work with them extended into the Astral Realm. While this may appear to be at least within the realm of the Moon, which would be in keeping with Tyson's declaration of their lunar nature, the Astral Realm is not, in my opinion, really beyond the realms of the Earth.

The Realm of the "Earth" includes all of manifest reality, everything that can be said to be made up of the four elements, Earth, Air, Fire, and Water. This includes the physical planets. The Planet Mars is a rock. Mercury too. Their locations in the sky relative to the Earth and observed for astronomical purposes are signposts, indicating the spiritual forces that are affecting the manifest realm at any given moment. Astrology has been revealed and developed to help us in identifying what is going on (in general) at any given time. This is a hit-and-miss kind of thing, because there are variables that are still debated and misunderstood. We can see the signs, and can read some of their meanings, but we don't understand what it all means and how it all fits together.

But to think that the Archangel of Mars lives on the planet Mars and that their spiritual realm is maybe like Heinlein's fantastical inhabitants of the planet is silliness. Would an asteroid from Mars be more potent as a Martial Talisman? Maybe. But if it's made of iron, it's made of iron. The four elements come together to form it into a matrix that is identical (pretty much) to what we find on Earth. So even the planets are Terrestrial, spiritually speaking.

The Astral Realm seems to reside between the Lunar realm and the Earthly realm on  the cosmological scale. It's sort of the borderlands between the Celestial realms and the realm of matter. Magicians have gotten lost exploring this realm at the guidance of odd spirits before. I'm not saying Rowe was mislead or anything, but I don't think astral visions should ever be taken without some large nuggets of sodium chloride.

I don't know Rowe's history, or whether he ever went through attaining Knowledge and Conversation with his Holy Guardian Angel. I don't know if he ever had a spiritual experience with which to compare and test the results he received with the Enochian Entities. Regardless, I have both.

These spirits I've worked with so far haven't popped up large quantities of Gold. In case you were wondering. (Yes, it's still on my list. I want at least ONE gold brick.)

That said, of the spirits I've worked with so far, these seem to be the best suited for manifesting quantities of material objects. They seem to be directly on the bleeding edge of manifestation here in the physical realm. The Goetic entities I've worked with are removed from the actual processes of manifestation, but they can manipulate these processes through whatever authority they've been granted. The Angelic (Celestial) spirits I've worked with have been even further removed from manifestation, and by the time the orders trickle down through the ranks, it seems like they've either lost their punch, or were never really understood to mean what I thought I meant when I was talking to the Archangels.

The healing technique I got from working with EHNB has yielded some promising results. I'm looking to expand on that type of technique, or find others, while working with the other spirits of the four Elemental Tables. I'd like to be able to build a brick of gold, one elemental block at a time. I've started experimenting, but so far everything I've made from scratch just falls apart when I try to make it manifest.

For the record, I do not think the Enochian Angels are any more dangerous or out to deceive mankind than any other spirit. I think they understand what would distract us from seeking our Source, however it has revealed itself to us, better than some other spirits. I am thankful that I waited until now in my magical career to begin working with these entities. Having already experienced the Seven Governors of the Seven Heavens, and having already attained (at least began attaining, it's nowhere near complete) Knowledge and Conversation with my HGA, I have other experiences with spirits that mean me well with which I can compare my Enochian experiences.

5 comments:

  1. One thing that I have always found appaling was that Dee agreed with the "wife swap" with kelley. If I make contact with an angels and he says to me that a little swing will arise my spirituality, I would have more than a second guess that the spirit is really an angel.

    I would like to congratulate you on the mars quote. You have more understanding of astrology than 99,99% of the modern astrologers out there that think that every cosmic debris should be put in an ephemerides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A quick point: most Gnostic Christians do not recognize the crucifixion as the pivotal event in Christs work. To them salvation is achieved through Gnosis rather than Pistis (faith). Some sects seem to regard the crucifixion as simply a way for Christ to free himself from the bonds of a normal living body so that he could deliver more meaningful Gnostic teachings than the parables he delivered while he was alive.

    But even in mainstream Christian thought, the idea of salvation through belief in the miracle of the crucifixion alone is a fairly new concept.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was re-reading some information about the Kostuin and I realized they just seemed too childlike to be Enochian angels.

    You said,"God has a plan for everyone." This really struck me tonight because, as I was looking for more detailed information about the Kostuin to send you I found a note written Dec.3,2006.

    The following quotes (from a much longer piece dealing with the elements)made me wonder if your blog post and the information are related. The speaker isn't talking about the Kostuin, but of the Grigori and God's plan for them. Wouldn't they be terrestrial by nature at this stage of their development? The archangels would be fully aware of them, but would they be aware of the celestial archangels?

    (a couple of small quotes for you to consider)

    "What of the fallen ones? Do you think they arrived on earth of their own volition? They were sourced in God's Love. God taught them to Love. Despite the texts they were directed by God to teach those wanting to learn." "

    Which tree, which tree, which tree? Would you have eaten fruit from the tree of knowledge, O Child of Eve? Of course you would."

    Then a later quote, "How do you think mankind dealt with the children of Eve's daughters? Men demonize what they do not understand, or what they fear. What happened to those children? What happened to the Nephilim? Those children were giants in their time, but not, as man writes, physical giants."

    What if they were put here to teach? If the Enochian spirits are the Grigori, it would further explain their interest in the mundane, their good advice, and their very human personalities.

    Another curve ball heading your way. I hope it makes sense...I shouldn't be allowed at the keyboard past my bedtime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right about the right relationship with God. Having a solid connection is a refuge against the delusions that can arise from working with any spirits and the stupid actions that are liable to result. If anyone feels drawn into a 'Messiah' complex, then they should refer themselves to the case of Shabbati Zevi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently chanced upon someone claiming intimate knowledge of Tyson's personal beliefs. It seems he is at least allegedly a Gnostic Christian. The warnings of the apocalypse are not, in his world-view, a bad thing at all. It would return us to a right relationship with God.

    That at least explains one of the things that has confused me about Tyson for years. He first proposed his "Enochian apocalypse" idea in Tetragrammaton and from what he says there it seems pretty clear to me that he's saying bringing on the apocalypse through the practice of the Enochian system is a bad thing. But then the next book he writes is Enochian Magic for Beginners!

    That always struck me as an incomprehensible juxtaposition and figured he was just trying to make the system sound scary to sell more books to little darksider kids. But maybe what really happened is that the editors at Llewellyn tweaked his comments in the former book in such a way that they fell more in line with the conventional view of the apocalypse.

    Thanks for shedding some light on this. I've wondered about it on and off for years.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, your opinions are valued, even if I disagree with them. Please feel free to criticize my ideas and arguments, question my observations, and push back if you disagree.