Monday, January 26, 2009

Why they Live

Do you ever wonder why the stupid fucks get to live? The ones that just don't get it?

They're all made "in the image of god," they all have the potential to accomplish the Work, and between now and eternity, they will all come to grace/enlightenment/attainment/unity with god, or whatever. Eventually. SOMEfuckingDAY.

It would take way too long to kill them all. The logistics alone are overwhelming. The ethics are questionable. And the smell of the cities afterwards...

Those are the two reasons I usually come to in my contemplation of why the pinheads get to breathe. I find myself contemplating this when I read about how it takes months to figure out that a white horse is not a horse, and what that means, and how it applies to life. It's a big fat giant "No fucking shit!" when you get to the "right" answer.

I struggle with humility. I get prideful and arrogant. I get knocked on my ass when I argue with my betters because I think I know better than they do. It happens a LOT.

Why?

Because the world is full of morons! Folks with all the spiritual awareness of a bag of hair. Less, because at least the spirit of the bag of hair is aware. Most folks want to drink their cold Coors Light and catch a rerun of Mork and Mindy, and they're fine people, but do you think they know that logic and rational mind is there to point out that there's something bigger than the sum of the parts?

These are the things I usually think about when I try to figure out why muggles are here.

But tonight, I had a brilliant flash of insight! I finally "grok" what is going on, and the purpose of people like that! Without them, there would be no oil refined into gasoline or plastic, there would be no playstation, no guitar hero, and no flushable toilets. There would be no Network Operating Centers, no Data Warehouses, no fiber-optic networks. There would be no dynamic IP, no electronic fund transfers, and no online banking.

They're here because...

Someone has to keep the internet running!

7 comments:

  1. By Jove, I think he's got it! rotfl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what Stuart? I like you. You're not like the other people here
    in the trailer park. Oh no, don't get me wrong, they're fine people, good
    Americans. But they're content to sit back, maybe watch a little Mork and
    Mindy on channel 57. Maybe kick back a cool Coors 16-ouncer. They're
    good fine people, Stuart. But they don't know what the queers are doing
    to the soil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason, there's a lot of times that I think of the Material Plane as the Trailer Park of the Spheres.

    I feel like that guy though, obviously a bit mad, trying to tell people who are potentially sane that there's something bigger, being perfectly sincere, and using examples like the Johnny Werther kid. I mean, EVERYBODY knows that a burrow owl lives in a hole in the ground!

    Right?

    But I'm no better, I'm still a whack job in the trailer park thinking I've got the Secret (from Nettensheim. Germany, slightly West of Pueblo, Colorado). Pissed because the rest of the trailer park thinks I'M the crazy one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "There, but for the Grace of God, go I"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think its their own fault, we are all wired into the herd mentality. I don't blame people for having security blankets, i blame the ones that profit from selling them

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post. I love these kind of topics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you're being a bit too optimistic. Perhaps a byte.

    I first became aware of this about ten years ago, the summer
    my oldest boy, Bill Jr. died. You know that carnival comes into
    town every year? Well this year they came through with a ride
    called The Mixer. The man said, "Keep your head, and arms, inside
    the Mixer at all times." But Bill Jr, he was a DAAAREDEVIL, just
    like his old man. He was leaning out saying "Hey everybody,
    Look at me! Look at me!" Pow! He was decapitated! They found
    his head over by the snow cone concession.

    A few days after that, I open up the mail. And there's a pamphlet
    in there. From Pueblo, Colorado, and it's addressed to Bill, Jr.
    And it's entitled, "Do you know what the queers are doing to our
    soil?"

    :^)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, your opinions are valued, even if I disagree with them. Please feel free to criticize my ideas and arguments, question my observations, and push back if you disagree.