Thursday, January 01, 2009

The Pact

To aid in not forsaking the vow, Brother Inominandum and I have decided to make a magical pact to lose 60 pound each by the end of the year.

I feel sorry for him, personally. I'm going to win. (Not that it's a contest...) I just bought a dog, and walking her will have me losing about 20 pounds in a month. Add to that the fact that he's having twins and SOMEONE's going to have to eat with his wife...

Let's just say he's going to have it harder than I am.

As of today I weigh 238 pounds. So come Dec. 31, I need to weigh at least 178,  although the ideal weight for me is 165 unless I work out.

So we're both going to use magic to get this done in addition to your normal stuff. Me I don't diet. I hate diets, I'm no good at them. I can do portion control though, that's not too hard. And exercise, I can play guitar hero on my playstation while I ride the exercise bike, so that's like a no-brainer. I need another copy of Guitar Hero II though, the kids ate the last copy I had. (Actually, I think my old PS2 ate it. I've seen odd scratches on the disks that look like my PS2 itself is etching something into the disks.)

So anyway, my plan is to work with Enochian Angels of the Fire tablet. Mostly just to get me more active and exercisey. I don't want them to get rid of the weight for me, I want them to get me to get rid of the weight. Maintaining Exercise is the hardes part for me. My Taurean nature is earthy and I really like to sit. In a hole. In the Ground. A Lot.

Mostly I need to get things in balance. So I'll be asking my HGA before conjruing up fire Angels on a whim. I wouldn't want to have them decide to take my lovely office with its wifi internet connection away to make me want to do something.

6 comments:

  1. A couple of non magical suggestions, RO. Get a blood pressure reading, and a lean body composition test done (the caliper test is fine if the person doing it is competent). If you can find someone to do a metabolic test (without it costing an mortgage payment), that can have useful info, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you may be misconstruing the earthy nature of Taurus. He is ruled by Venus after all.. Flowers, dancing, frolic, gymnastics, 53xx0rzin up.. Taurus is springtime and early summer in full schwing bud! That bull stays very busy sowing oats and planting seeds for later gathering. http://www.cartage.org.lb/en/themes/arts/painting/painting1300/prehistoric/minoan-paint/bull-leaping.jpg

    You should be having a lot more fun if youre Taurus (ascendant that is)... ^_~ B.E.A.L.T.A.I.N.E

    ReplyDelete
  3. I applaud your efforts at a healthier life style. As a Pisces with a Taurus ascendent I side with Mike here :)

    Did I ever mention how I blew up my liver? Approach magickal weight lose with caution. By the way I lost another 15 pounds :) The universe has a wicked sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is something you need to keep in mind when it comes to magick and weight.

    I'm 5'8-9" and stocky. My ideal weight under mundane circumstances is 170-175 lbs. I get exercise in 5-7 days a week from work work and housse work and I am very healthy, inside and out. The thing is, my mystical development from the highest planes all the way down to the qi level has caused so much spill over of higher plane energy that I weigh over 225. Despite the increases to my strength, I can't jump that high because of the added weight (something I'm trying to work on), but my virgosian nature makes me nimble and graceful as many professional dancers, aside from slight tendonitis in the back of my knees (childhood thing). The added energetic development enhances my ability to move. You should see me waltz.

    The point is, remember to not just use a scale, since you do magick. Getting the enochians to get your ass moving will strongly make your energy development skyrocket, even if you don't do that much. A flexible tape measure and how your clothes fit are the best indicators.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One small warning as well:

    It has been my observation (and I am a firm believer in the concept that most of magick is observation then testing, repetition, etc. Scientific method if you will) that physical exercise has the habit of moving the spiritual/emotional/magickal/mental into the physical realm, and sometimes with great speed. As you begin to increase your exercise, I suspect you will find that your thoughts and wishes will manifest much more quickly in the physical world. Therefore: be careful what you wish for.

    Take it from a hardcore yoga and Pilates practitioner. It's an amazing tool if you learn how to use it, but it can yield some amusing side effects if you aren't in control of the balance.

    P

    ReplyDelete
  6. And whilst I am visiting, I just wanted to say thank you for the thoughts on the long standing bone injury. I did some work adapting what you had done (I never follow recipes, not even Jay's!) and WOW! Awesome results. Serious healing. I'm still working on it but you definitely gave me some great inspiration and concepts to work with. Thanks much!!!

    P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, your opinions are valued, even if I disagree with them. Please feel free to criticize my ideas and arguments, question my observations, and push back if you disagree.