Monday, April 06, 2009

Four Powers of the Sphinx Redeux

SAVOIR OSER VOULOIR SE TAIRE
Dogme et rituel de la haute magie  Par Éliphas Lévi


Ok, so EVERYTHING you know on the Powers of the Sphinx wasn't entirely wrong. "To Dare" didn't turn out to be related at all to the Latin word "Do, Dare, Didi, Datum." (The first two conjugations are traditionally sung to the tune of The Love Boat, or Volare. By me. Traditionally.) OSER comes from Auser, which is like Autem or something. Can't remember. But definitely not Do, Dare, Didi, Datum.

So... There were no blinds or secrets, and I was wrong. But I do have this cool new interpretation. I might even say it is inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, your opinions are valued, even if I disagree with them. Please feel free to criticize my ideas and arguments, question my observations, and push back if you disagree.