Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Can anyone remember recently reading or writing...

Someone in the blogosphere posted something about why we got into magic in the first place, and how magic turned out to be something different than what we expected, but what it really turned out to be was freaking awesome so we stuck with it anyway.

That might not be the exact words, but that's how I remember it. I can't find the freaking post though, and I'd love to link to it (and re-read the post because now I think I'm mis-remembering it altogether and I want to verify the context, and see how the author put it together and all that).


Does anyone remember reading something like that recently, or writing something along those lines? A link in the comments would be much appreciated.
 

6 comments:

  1. Pick me..pick me..pick me! Sorry, though...you definitely mis-remembered the entire post.

    http://magicallotus.blogspot.com/2010/10/why-pursue-magic.html

    http://magicallotus.blogspot.com/2010/10/why-continue-to-pursue-magic.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. RO, sorry for the shameless plug, but in all honesty I was kinda hoping you were anonymously reading my blog and were referring to me. Oh well, back to obscurity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries about the shameless plug. I've read a couple of your blog posts, though I'm not a regular reader. This one wasn't you though, sorry.

    Could have sworn it was Gordon, but I've read every post he's made for months and can't find it. Driving me insane. Looks like I gotta write it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wasn't it the text Alan Moore wrote a few years ago and just resurfaced, and Gordon featured in his blog?

    http://glycon.livejournal.com/13888.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, but that was part of what I wanted to write about. I saw the Fossil Angels article through the VVF blog, not gordon's though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i thought it probably wasn't it, i just wanted to make sure you had read it.. why? cause i need to get everyone i know reading Moore, am that much of a fan boy :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, your opinions are valued, even if I disagree with them. Please feel free to criticize my ideas and arguments, question my observations, and push back if you disagree.