Monday, August 27, 2012

First public Appearance that Anyone can Listen To


I'm going to be on "Deeper Down the Rabbit Hole" TOMORROW at 8:00 PM EST. Or EDT. Whatever. 8:00 PM Eastern. The topic is a discussion on Angels, Demons, and Magicians, and how we interact from a neoplatonic/hermetic perspective. We'll be discussing the Kingdom metaphor of the Gates Rites, as well as the roles of the different classes of spirits, "Angelic," "Demonic," and "Human." I'm sure the Genius Loci and Elementals will come up as well.

I'm really looking forward to this conversation with Andrieh and Jason. I've had a lot of vitriolic things to say about chaos magic over the years, but last year sitting down and talking to Andrieh at Crucible, I realized that most of our points of disagreement are either semantical, or interpretive. The bottom line of practical experience, regardless of approach lined up so nicely I had to assess my stance on chaos magic, NLP, and the whole psychological paradigm in general. Part of growing up, I suppose.

Anyway, Tuesday at 8:00 PM. I'm probably going to be talking a lot about the Modern Goetic Grimoire I recently republished too, as that was the inspiration for the invite. I've been reviewing my work, and seeing what I believed at the time it was originally written, and comparing it to my current take on things, and it's been an eye-opener for me. I'm looking forward to discussing what went wrong, where I was right, and where I was wrong.