Monday, August 27, 2012

First public Appearance that Anyone can Listen To


I'm going to be on "Deeper Down the Rabbit Hole" TOMORROW at 8:00 PM EST. Or EDT. Whatever. 8:00 PM Eastern. The topic is a discussion on Angels, Demons, and Magicians, and how we interact from a neoplatonic/hermetic perspective. We'll be discussing the Kingdom metaphor of the Gates Rites, as well as the roles of the different classes of spirits, "Angelic," "Demonic," and "Human." I'm sure the Genius Loci and Elementals will come up as well.

I'm really looking forward to this conversation with Andrieh and Jason. I've had a lot of vitriolic things to say about chaos magic over the years, but last year sitting down and talking to Andrieh at Crucible, I realized that most of our points of disagreement are either semantical, or interpretive. The bottom line of practical experience, regardless of approach lined up so nicely I had to assess my stance on chaos magic, NLP, and the whole psychological paradigm in general. Part of growing up, I suppose.

Anyway, Tuesday at 8:00 PM. I'm probably going to be talking a lot about the Modern Goetic Grimoire I recently republished too, as that was the inspiration for the invite. I've been reviewing my work, and seeing what I believed at the time it was originally written, and comparing it to my current take on things, and it's been an eye-opener for me. I'm looking forward to discussing what went wrong, where I was right, and where I was wrong.

5 comments:

  1. Three of us listened. You said shit on a live broadcast! The show needs a woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listened, really enjoyed it. And, is there really an issue with saying "shit" on an internet broadcast?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey R.O., I just listened to your podcast and really enjoyed it. I'm a newbie to magick and have not made contact with my HGA. However, you mentioned towards the end of the speaking you said that the HGA is not something you ever get rid of. That being said, if we may have had past lives, and assuming we attained this in the past, wouldn't it be unneeded to "re-contact" (I know it's such a newbie question.)
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a very enjoyable show! And hey RO for all your troubles in life I hope you get repaid a thousand blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @the other Anonymous - You directed the question to RO, but if you (and RO) don't mind I'd like to add my 2 cents.

    Being that most of what I know about this is from sporadic reading over the years, and not much experience (only getting into Ceremonial recently, after discarding much of the new-agey teachings that anything Ceremonial is evil or doesn't work) I would say that HGA is something along the lines of "that voice" that we all have, but maybe don't always listen to. The one that tells us what to do, what not to do, and is always right, whether we like it or not. I'm guessing (?) we have many guides and they help out in different ways, but the HGA is something just a little different, maybe.

    I'm also guessing that, depending on beliefs, it can be called something else besides HGA.

    Now, from what I've been reading, with Ceremonial, making "contact" just depends the relationship, even if you already consider yourself to have a deep relationship with the guide. It goes from "the voice" or "presence" (visual or otherwise) in waking life and dreams to having a name. It seems that when you go through the rituals for contact, you learn your HGA's name and other things also. It also seems that the downside to this is you draw the attention of your evil Genius and it starts messing up things. So there's that.

    That's my impression of the situation. Like I said, I don't have much working experience with this either, so I may be wrong.

    Anonymous N.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, your opinions are valued, even if I disagree with them. Please feel free to criticize my ideas and arguments, question my observations, and push back if you disagree.