Monday, February 05, 2007

Some sample feedback on the Angel Grimoires...


I received a bit of feedback this morning from on the grimoire from one of the recipients. He said some generally kind and praising things, and then said:

"Now the criticism part of the e-mail.   I would have liked some more angels in the grimoire or maybe some magical advice or guidance the archangels have themselves given to you.  Have you tried lesser angels in this system?  If so record what you did and your results so that the readers can experiment for themselves. "

I think this is excellent advice, and would be a worthy addition to future revisions.

Now I'm mentioning this because the guy went on to say, "I hate handing out negative advice I am always afraid someone will take it the wrong way."

I want to tell everyone who got a draft of the grimoire: I write for a living. I have VERY thick skin. Satan is a kind and gentle friend compared to the editors I've worked with in the past.

This is NOT negative advice. This is constructive criticism. I need honest feedback to make it the best it can be. I'll be charging for this thing, and I want it to be worth the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, your opinions are valued, even if I disagree with them. Please feel free to criticize my ideas and arguments, question my observations, and push back if you disagree.