Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy Holidays

Happy Holy Days, whether they are special to you because the stars have aligned just right or because they are days, and that's beautiful.

As a Christian Magician, you may expect a reminder that the holiday we celebrate on the 25th has been Officially Taken Over by the Church to celebrate the moment that the Logos stepped down through the spheres and into a mortal coil so that once and for all, creation could celebrate without shame or excuse that we are made in the image of God, by God and for God.

But that would be redundant at this point.

So Merry Christmas to all my brothers and sisters, and Happy Yule, Solstice, Chanukkah, Kwanzaa, and for those lighting Dipa for Dupali... What the hell is Dupali?

Happy holidays from Frater R.O., and may you meet some cool Christians.

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, RO. Maybe its the difference in accent, but maybe what you are reading/hearing as Dupali is also known as Diwali? It, too, is a festival of light, when oil lamps are lit to celebrate the victory/return of light over darkness.

    And, I've met at least 1 cool Christian...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cool Yule to you also my friend. Wishing you much joy with your family this Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It was Diwali... My son brought home some culturally inclusive holiday celebration homework, and one of the things to match was lighting Dipa for Diwali.

    I couldn't remember what the holiday was when I posted, but I took a stab at it from the old memory bank. No wonder I couldn't find it on Google.

    And I hope I'm the cool Christian. :D I try. Something about K&CHGA really changed me into a "pluralist." I can track it back to that time in my life. It was when I really started growing closer to God personally too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas and keep on blogging :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, your opinions are valued, even if I disagree with them. Please feel free to criticize my ideas and arguments, question my observations, and push back if you disagree.