Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am thankful for a lot of things, but at the top of the list where the blog is concerned are my readers and the personal friends I've made through this medium and other online forums. You guys are a constant source of inspiration in my life. Thanks for everything.

I sit in the basement office with no windows, often not even aware of whether it's day or night, especially since daylight savings time changed. It's usually while the kids are asleep or are playing with friends, and I'm relatively free of interruptions. I sit in here reading magical tomes, reading blogs and emails, doing magic, and writing out my thoughts and experiences as I go along performing the Great Work.

Yet I'm not alone; I have a plurality, a social network of magicians also performing the Work a few keystrokes away. I understand about us being a family unit, brothers and sisters spread throughout every continent on the planet, except Antarctica. No one practices magic in Antarctica. It's too freakin' cold. Seriously.

So, it's to readers, writers, and to all my brothers and sisters of the Work that I offer my thanks. May your days be as fulfilled as you make mine.

4 comments:

  1. To you and your's - back at'cha sensei...

    Frater EH'e

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same to you, Frater! Thank you kindly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your Thanksgiving was great, as well.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me this quote sums it up:

    "Ffs, just give me clean water I don't need to incant over, just to cast out disease - give me sex with whosoever I want without punishment, allow me to sit in my home, and talk with my fellow magick-workers, and view the whole world upon a scrying plane, that I may know which Princes rise and fall. I'd also like command over Fire, and the very Nature of Fire, that I may light and heat my home, without having to hack up wood and burn smelly things. Oh, and give me at least (coz my shoes are wearing out) clothes made by non-human hands, and with ease, that I may choose or discard by my will, and - while I'm at it - nice food that comes via a summoning, that would also be cool..."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, your opinions are valued, even if I disagree with them. Please feel free to criticize my ideas and arguments, question my observations, and push back if you disagree.