Monday, December 21, 2009

Regularly Scheduled Meditations

POS has been talking about how great his life is since he started doing the regularly scheduled meditations Jason Miller advises in Sorcerer's Secrets and in his year-long course. Nothing gets on my nerves more than seeing another magician doing magic and having good results when I'm not doing magic and suffering through it. I know, it's not noble or anything, but there it is. Annoyance is one of the prime motivators in my life.

Now, long-time readers will remember when I started doing nightly meditative/contemplative astral rituals traveling up and back down through the Planetary Spheres. It's been a while since I've done that regularly. seeing POS basking in his deserved results irked me enough that I started doing it again last night. Plus I knew I needed to be in good resonance before January 4th when the next Courses start. So I started the Merkavah process again.

Well, I tried to.

For those who don't know about it, I basically get relaxed, conjure the Archangel of the Planet, go to their sphere, get a good sphere-cleansing, and move on to the next, all the way up through the spheres and all the way back down. I look for themes in the process. It takes about a half an hour to forty-five minutes to do the whole thing.

Last night, I started with Raphael because I had some issues yesterday communicating, and when Mercury goes retro, I tend to have more frustration in trying to communicate anyway.* I didn't want to get any lying spirits, either, so I figured I'd get the communication sphere taken care of first. When Raphael appeared, I authenticated him and then began asking that he fix whatever was wrong in my sphere that was resulting in such poor communication skills. I felt a "zing" shoot down through the core of my astral body, like silver fire that was cold instead of hot. I felt it all the way down my legs to my knees. There was a moment of feeling like a soap bubble stretched too thin, and then a "Pop" as my sphere went back into the proper shape. It was like popping out a dent from the inside.

I felt him continue to do some work on me, but I got the feeling it would take a while, so I went back to the Moon and conjured Gabriel, and began actually going through the spheres. At each planet, the Archangels had something to do to me to get things cleaned up. Over the last few months, there's been a steady accretion of disharmony and other kloogy things. The daily prayer and nightly conjurations of the Supernatural Assistant have been loosening up the garbage for a while, and heating it up, making it more and more apparent that I needed to make some drastic changes to my life. Going through each of the spheres and getting a "tune-up" to my sphere was exactly what I needed, even though I wasn't aware of that until afterward.

What a workout, man. By the time I had gone through the seven classical planets, I was humming. I felt stretched out and released at the same time. It was like being pleasantly sore after working out all your major muscle groups when you haven't in a while, and then taking a hot sauna.

I conjured the Archangels Iophiel and Metatron to take care of the super-celestial spheres, but I can't really remember much of what happened after Saturn. It always gets hazy. I wasn't asleep though, I was experiencing things and learning things, I just don't have the symbols to express it in conscious thought.

The next thing I knew, I was aware of my body, feeling great, and ready to head back down through the spheres. I could still feel the spirits at work on different parts of my sphere, so I simply thanked them and let them do their work. I did some chakra cleansing, more out of habit than any particular knowledge of the chakra system that I trust.**

Due to the blizzard, I get to work from home today. I was sorely tempted to go right back to sleep since I didn't have to drie in to work this morning. By sorely tempted, I mean I closed my eyes and started to go to sleep, half-awake thinking, "Meh, I'll call when I wake up and see what I need to do." All of a sudden, I felt this wave of responsibility wash over me, and a strong urge to get up and do what I needed to do. That might not seem like a big deal, and it probably shouldn't be a big deal, but it was. I haven't been exactly eager to do what needs to be done lately. I've been downright unmotivated to do anything. Everything I've had to do has seemed like a terrible chore.

But something changed last night after doing the Work. I got up, called in, got some work to do, and started doing it. Because I want to. It's weird how fast the attitude shifted, and how little effort was involved. I forget, when I'm not doing internal magic regularly, how just hanging out with the spirits makes you a better person. I'm cleaning up my office as I work now, something I haven't felt any compulsion to do in months. And yes, there are months worth of debris sitting here now that I have to sort through. Half-finished projects, notes, mail, incense sticks, tarot cards, wood glue, various tools, and lots of incense ash coating everything. My god, I actually want to dust!

Anyway, I've said it before, and I'll likely forget and wind up saying it again, regularly scheduled meditation is key. If anyone else knew about it and forgot, today's a good day to get started doing it again.


*Retro's not as big of a deal as I used to think. Chris Warnock is setting me straight little by little about it, but it's still an affliction that seems to hit me where I'm the most vulnerable.

**Everything I do with chakras is based on Leadbetter's work. It serves my purposes, but I wouldn't try to teach anyone what I do because they may think it's actually grounded in the traditions that "own" chakras. It's not traditional, I just don't have anything else to call what I do besides "chakra work."

1 comment:

  1. Great post Rufus. The Hermetic Merkavah course is going to be right up my ally.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, your opinions are valued, even if I disagree with them. Please feel free to criticize my ideas and arguments, question my observations, and push back if you disagree.