Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Head for the Home

I'm in the process of moving back into my house, so the next couple of weeks may see fewer posts. Rest assured any hiatus will be temporary.

Over the last couple of weeks, I've been working with some fellow magi on an interesting project that is a long way from being publishable, but it's definitely had some cool effects that have got my creative juices flowing.

After I get settled in, I will be resuming the Red Work series of courses. Based on recent experiences and revelations, some aspects of the overall course will be updated. It's coming together nicely, and I believe I'll be able to provide a simple and effective framework to accomplish the aims of the original Hermeticists as laid out in the Corpus Hermeticum.

I'm very excited about the prospects. I expect the Red Work series to provide communion with the Supernatural Assistant, Theurgical and Practical Work through the Four Elemental Spheres and the Seven Planetary Spheres, Access to and Integration of the Eighth Sphere, as well as a Goety aspect, which I may tone way down based on the evidence of current research. A lot depends on the outcome of the project I'm working on. If things continue the way they have been going, the whole Demon-conjure thing may be completely and totally a red herring, unnecessary to the accomplishment of the process depicted in the Emerald Tablet.

But Goety still provides a useful set of tools that are an aid to the magician while s/he masters the practical implications of the Eighth. Assuming they turn out to be more of what I've seen so far, that is.

As you cans see, things aren't coalesced enough to talk about publicly. There's too much "swirl," and not enough data to reach an informed conclusion. But there's more to come!

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you'll be back at home soon.

    Many of us will be waiting for the new lessons and hopefully, we'll get them!

    Good for you Fr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent you an email about The Invisible College you havent replied to. This was awhile ago though. Am I sending to the wrong mail is it rufusopus@rufusopus.com still(or whatever)?

    Is it the same as the courses perse? As I am interested in this stream but more as a order than a course perse and am exploring hermetica hither and thither.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adrian,

    The Invisible College was a planned thing that never really took off. A good idea, but most magicians are kind of busy with life. I missed your email to me, sorry.

    Eventually the courses will become a Magnum Opus, a complete book that I plan to have published. I'm currently working on a three-volume manuscript. It will cover the HGA and Sub-Lunar Work, the Planetary Work, and the 8th Sphere Work.

    It's a lot of work. I won't even be able to get started in full-writing-mode for a month or two, but I'm chipping away at it in the mean time.

    All courses are designed to be correspondence. There's instruction, application/anecdote, and exercises for each main topic. It would be easier just to do a book, honestly, but I want people to do the Work so I have more magicians to talk to about the things I experience. I'm greedy like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds fantastic RO! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo! I'm glad to hear you'll be picking up with the courses again. This is Harry from the 2nd Supernatural Assistant Course.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A frater of mine who is a very high degree in Elu Cohen once said something along the lines of "getting flashy results is exhilirating, but it is not what gives you Gnosis of the One true mystery".

    Or something like that.

    Good luck with the project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with moving back into the house, RO! Please don't hesitate to ping me or Jow if you and your family need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "If things continue the way they have been going, the whole Demon-conjure thing may be completely and totally a red herring, unnecessary to the accomplishment of the process depicted in the Emerald Tablet."


    Yep Totally.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad that you'll be able to move back into your house. And now I'll have some time to catch up on your blog. ;)

    Oh, by the way, I never got a chance to thank you for adding me to the Bune Rite back in, like, December. I actually got what I needed just a couple days after. So thanks for that (I sang Bune's praises on the interwebs).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh, homecoming...

    I remember mine. The kids will go nuts:) Guaranteed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, your opinions are valued, even if I disagree with them. Please feel free to criticize my ideas and arguments, question my observations, and push back if you disagree.