Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Polyanna...

Prosperity spreads, technology progresses, poverty declines, disease retreats, fecundity falls, happiness increases, violence atrophies, freedom grows, knowledge flourishes, the environment improves and wilderness expands.

That's the prediction of the next century by an optimist. I just read this article and it came at a good time, right after posting my people are stupid post. It's good to get a little breath of fresh optimism to clean out the clogged brain stems.

Sure, he's a fucking Pollyanna, but it's nice to see something positive once in a while. Thought I'd better balance out the last post with something nice and cheery, since God saw fit to send me this article so quickly. Maybe the author's right.

But I'll betcha $20 Greer shoots him down soon. I personally think we'll get through all the doom Greer prophecies is coming down the pike, but I also think that people will still be stupid.

1 comment:

  1. Greer puts a smile on my face. Nothin' like "Doom from a Hierophant."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, your opinions are valued, even if I disagree with them. Please feel free to criticize my ideas and arguments, question my observations, and push back if you disagree.