Thursday, July 15, 2010

Tick-tock

Tomorrow's the launch of the Black Work course. If you've signed up, please send me the time and location of your birth for creating the Genius name.

The course sign-up site is located at this link.

I'd write up a bunch of salesey stuff, but it's been a long day after a long night, and I'm wiped out. I'll repost the outline of the course below, but that's about all I can muster at the moment.


I've broken up the Black Work Course into three phases (eliminating the pretentious names cause it's too much like an Order, and I got good advice about that idea that I'm taking for once). This is still a tentative outline, because there's more I want to cram in there somewhere. I can't seem to think of everything just yet, but this is the minimum of what I plan to cover*:

Introduction
  • You have Cleansed me with Hyssop, Oh Lord: Banishing and Cleansing Rites
  • The Art of Contemplation
  • Self Assessment: Whoever therefore shall know himself...
Cosmology
  • In the Beginning: The Creation of the World
  • First Father, Nous, Logos, Workman, Governors, Man
  • Spheres of Emanation
  • The Emerald Tablet: Map of the Great Work
  • Meet the Family: Dad and the Uncle-Aunts
  • Where are you from?
Spiritus Mundi: Hermetic Animism
  • Chain of Manifestation
  • Genii Loci
  • Meet the Family: Mom? Is that you? And you had kids!?
  • What are you?
Elementary
  • Elemental Hierarchy
  • Four Angels of the Corners of the World
  • Princes of the Four Angles of the World
  • Meet the Family: The Cousins
  • What makes you tick?

The Altar: Table of Manifestation
  • Altar Layout
  • Elemental Weapons
  • Planetary Talismans
  • Constellations and Mansions
  • The Lamp
  • Miscellaney
  • What do you do?
Conjuration
  • The Table of Practice
  • The Art of Drawing Spirits into Crystals
  • Variations
  • Elemental Initiations
  • What do you want?
Magic without Tools
  • The Astral Temple
  • Dream Work
  • Path Working through the Spheres
  • How are you going to get what you want?
About that Great Work
  • Who are you?
  • What's wrong with you?
Meet the Genius
  • The Threefold Keeper
  • The Genius and the Evil Daimon
  • Conjuration of the Genius
On Working with the Genius
  • Spiritual and Practical Applications
  • An Introduction to the Seven Planetary Governors
* I really need to update this outline, there's a lot more to it than is listed. As I started developing the materials, more stuff insisted on being included.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, your opinions are valued, even if I disagree with them. Please feel free to criticize my ideas and arguments, question my observations, and push back if you disagree.