This course picks up where the previous left off. At this point, the student will have gone through the important parts of the Black Work. Along the way, we'll have performed Natural Magic, Ceremonial Magic, and attained the guidance and begun integrating the harmony of the Genius. Major issues to deal with will have been identified and the process of working through them will already be under way.
So, in Alchemical terms, it's time to turn up the heat.
If you've been through an initiatory system that provided you with the basics outlined in the Black Work course, you're ready to begin here at the White Work. This Course is designed to put you in direct communion with the Supernatural Assistant. This is a trimmed down version of the original Supernatural Assistant course. Some things have been shifted to the Black Work, so it costs less too.
Tentative Course Outline (Subject to change):
- Lesson 1: Intro and Overview - Reviews the evolution from the Supernatural Assistant into the HGA over the last couple of thousand years, some general myths vs. realities of having the Supernatural Assistant, and a general understanding of what we'll be doing throughout this course on the esoteric level of your soul.
- Homework: Self Assessment - You'll get a template to fill out that prompts some self-assessment and contemplation that will help you prepare for the process to come.
- Lesson 2: The Power of Prayer - Includes an explanation of "enflaming yourself with prayer," the key to building up an ecstatic relationship with God.
- Field Trip: Visit a Charismatic Christian Church (totally optional if you think you'll burst into flames when you cross the threshold, or have bad experiences you don't want to remember)
- Homework: Daily Face-Time with God. Here beginneth the transformation that leads to attainment.
- Lesson 3: Can you smell that smell? (a.k.a. Conjuration of the Supernatural Assistant) (Delivered when appropriate) - Includes an analysis of the Stele of Jehu, the Greek Magical Papyri that's actually called "Acquiring a Supernatural Assistant," and Crowley's Liber Samekh. Also includes the conjuration rite you'll be using.
- Homework: Solar Initiation by Michael, Archangel of the Sun
- Homework: Continued daily prayer
- Homework: Nightly conjuration ritual of the Supernatural Assistant (Should take 10-30 minutes)
- Homework: Update self-assessment.
- Lesson 4: Working with the Supernatural Assistant: Practical Applications of your blossoming relationship.
- Homework: Solar/Saturn Initiation by Michael and Cassiel.
- Homework: Continued daily prayer
- Homework: Continued Nightly conjuration ritual of the Supernatural Assistant
At this stage, chances are pretty good that you'll be going through some serious hell.
- Lesson 5: The Map of Hell - Personal observations on the landscape of Hell as it manifests in your life; includes some advice and techniques I found were useful in dealing with the layers and layers of crap that tend to come out in the process.
- Homework: Stay Alive. Keep at the Work. Even when you hate it. Even when you're convinced it's all in your head. Even when you think it's all from Satan. Even when you really want to quit.
- Lesson 6: The Stairway to Heaven (is Sitting in Hell) - Reflections on the initiatory journeys we've been through and preparation for the Green Work.
- Lesson 7: Theurgy et Goetia - At this stage, the successful student will have a one on one communion with their Supernatural Assistant. In this final course, I will discuss various possible next steps for the magician. This is a point in the Work where the student can stop and spend some time, as I did, exploring the various applications of the new relationship. I think it's good to spend a while here Working with the Supernatural Assistant.
- Theurgy: The Supernatural Assistant serves as a direct manifestation of aspects of Deity that you just don't get any other way. It is a gate as well as a key to higher powers, and provides understanding of deep mysteries.
- Goety: The Supernatural Assistant does a lot of the same things that the demons of the Goetia can do. It saves a LOT of time and pain. The relationship you develop with this spirit also provides a level of protection that is very useful if you happen to run into infernal spirits in general, as you're taking a walk in the park on a sunny day, or dabbling in demonology - you know, the casual demonic encounters one faces in life. This section discusses some lessons learned over the last few years, as well as exploring the practical niceties that come with having the SA as an active and conscious friend in the Work.