Monday, December 28, 2009

Just an Update

Hey everyone, thanks so much for the outpouring of well-wishes. I really appreciate my friends. I mentioned to Joe that I have to drop "online" from "online friends," because apparently the friendships we've established amongst our disparate community are stronger than I tend to think. You guys are friends in every sense of the word.

For those thinking about this in terms of attack or other occult influence, I honestly don't know what's going on. My tarot cards are in the house, covered in toxic smoke residue. I've talked to my HGA, and he assures me this is indeed all under control and not out of the Will of God. Whatever that means.

In terms of it being a magician attacking me, the only occultist that I've had any kind of trouble with lately was Lon DuQuette, but that was just me venting my spleen over his bad attitude about Christianity. He never responded to any of my comments, and I suspect he's either totally unaware of my existence, or just not bothered by it at all. I strongly doubt this has anything to do with him. Maybe one of his fans got mad at some posts I made on the youtube page or something. I dunno. I doubt it. There are very few magicians online that I would credit the ability to do something like this, and of those few, I haven't really pissed anyone off lately that I know of.

Regardless, the shields have been raised, so to speak.

What I strongly suspect is that my weekly rites to Bune for specific amounts are manifesting in a way that keeps everyone in my family and home safe from any harm, as specifically directed, but still provides a venue for a fresh start with a little left over.

My first reaction to the whole mess was "Oh shit!" but it quickly became apparent that this isn't a bad situation at all. It's uncomfortable, to be sure, annoying, and the stress is running high. But overall, in a year we'll likely look back at this and see it as a blessing in disguise. Who knows what disaster was averted by this catastrophe? I mean, things could have been so much worse. We were home, smelled the smoke, tried to put the fire out, failed, and called 911 within minutes of the fire starting. Everyone is safe, and the house has little real damage done to it. The basement will need to be refinished, a couple of joyces will need to be replaced, and the floor above them will be replaced. 13 of the house's 19 windows were broken out by the fire department.

I just saw Jow's comment, about setting up a fund to help out with stuff between now and when the insurance gets in gear and starts paying for things. My first urge is to tell everyone I'm fine and I don't need anything, but I'm going to sit on that for a while and think about it. We don't really know much about what we need or will need in the immediate future. Getting through the next couple of weeks will be dicey.

Above all else, I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm truly humbled by the outpouring of support. The offers of money, shelter, food, clothing, etc. have been amazing. Thanks, it means a lot.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you and the fam are okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the things that I thought after the smoke cleared after our own little incident happened was things could have been a lot worse.

    I just started my unemployment, so I was actuallly home to deal with the incident when it happened, and the wave of repairmen afterwards. The power company picked up the bill.


    And most importantly, no one, including the cats, actually got hurt.

    It might be a good time to consider installing energy efficient windows as someone else mentioned on a comment on an earlier post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings RO:

    Please seriously consider starting up a fund to help you and your family get back on your feet. I'd gladly contribute a few bucks to that effort.

    Pax,


    Alkhemia/Prinny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, your opinions are valued, even if I disagree with them. Please feel free to criticize my ideas and arguments, question my observations, and push back if you disagree.